Friday is Week in Review Day: Catch up on all the cool tweets, blog posts, articles of the past week, and email us any organizational news or chatter you think we missed.
It is back to school time of year and this week in review we have some back to school articles including how to pack for college and some organizing the kids for school tips. We also have some decorating tips.
- Organizing Tip: “Put Everything In Its Place – What’s out of sight is not out of mind!” ~ Julie Morgenstrn.
- “For success, attitude is equally important as ability” ~ Sir Walter.
- The importance of enjoying the habit, from Zen Habits.
- “To accomplish big things, you must do the small things. Eliminate inertia & create momentum on your goals,” ~ Jill Koenig.
- Decorating Tip: “Add wall lights rather than table lamps. This unclutters a room instantly,” ~ Barbara Landsman.
- Organizing paint colors – do you know what color paint was used in your home? 2 Easy Steps to Keep Paint Organized, from Simple Home Organizing.
- Effective Communication Begins with a First Impression, from The Harvard Business Review.
- 4 Tips for Packing to College, from In Order to Succeed.
- “True love begins when nothing is looked for in return,” ~ Antoine De Saint-Exupery.
- The 10 Secrets of One Unflappable Working Mother, from Real Simple Magazine.
- “Character building begins in our infancy, and continues until death” ~Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Organizing Tips For Every College Dorm Room, from In Order to Succeed.
- “In every person is hidden a child who wants to play,” ~Harvey Ruben.
- Back to School Tip: “Back to School means lunches. Start a list with the kids now of foods they want you to pack,” ~ Get Buttoned Up.
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” ~ Will Rogers.
- Let’s Get Messy! Dirty Hands Make for Healthier Kids, from Rye Patch.
- For productivity, time management and organizing ideas connect with In Order to Succeed on Facebook.