“It’s not a question of IF but WHEN hundreds of millions of people all over the world make re-sale their new healthy habit.” — Paula Sutter, former president of Diane Von Furstenberg
Re-sale, more frequently known as selling on consignment, is a very rapidly growing market estimated by experts to become a 25 billion dollar industry by 2025. Consignment shopping has gained popularity in recent years mainly due to the Internet and that it allows sellers access to global buyers. Shoppers are using online re-sale sites to find luxury designer apparel and accessories without the retail price tag. It’s a smart, efficient and cost-effective way to buy that Chanel handbag without the steep price.
Consignment purchases offer shoppers consumption without the elements that make consumers feel guilty. Everything you buy can be re-sold making the opportunity more attractive and sustainable and consigning is a great way to make some extra cash. Seventy percent of the average American woman’s closet is unworn or gently used clothing, shoes and clothing and accessories and the average value of that unworn seventy percent has been estimated at $8500. This means there are dollars hanging in your closet so why not unlock that value and declutter your life at the same time. When consigning designer merchandise:
- Items should either be new, never worn, or in excellent condition. Pricing is based on the value of your items and current shopping trends.
- Once your consigned pieces sell you receive your percentage of the proceeds after the seller’s commission.
- Using a consignment expert yields a greater return — definitely more than you would garner on your own.
We at In Order to Succeed have had very positive experiences working with Penny OLoughanane of Consignista, a Greenwich, CT based company. Here are a few reasons why:
- Consignista offers convenient, premium concierge service — Penny will come to your home, gather the goods you wish to sell and take them away to photograph and upload to her website.
- There is no need to worry about selecting, packing, and driving belongings to a consignment shop.
- Consignista’s accepted designers list offers clarity upfront so you save time and energy in knowing what she is able to sell.
- Penny knows the market and sets prices fairly so that you can make the most on your consigned items.
- Consignista offers a program called “Closet For Causes” which allows you to give all or some of the sale to a charity of your choice.
We recommend that you give Penny a shout if you are ready to begin consigning men’s, women’s and children’s designer goods. She may be reached at:
203 422 9488