The 2014 tax filing season begins on Jan. 31. To help you prepare for it, the IRS has several short and informative YouTube videos on a variety of tax topics. These videos are available in English, Spanish and American Sign Language (ASL).
IRS videos have received nearly 6.5 million views. Find them here:
- IRS Videos — http://www.youtube.com/irsvideos
- ASL Videos — http://www.youtube.com/IRSvideosASL
- Multilingual Videos — http://www.youtube.com/IRSvideosMultilingua
You may find some of these videos especially useful as you prepare to file in 2014. They include:
- Do-It-Yourself Free Tax Preparation. Helps you find free help from certified volunteers. Learn about becoming involved in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance or Tax Counseling for the Elderly programs.
- Do I Have to File a Tax Return? Learn about the all requirements for filing a tax return.
- How to Get 1040 Forms. Tips offered on the quickest way to get various 1040 forms on IRS.gov.
- Tax Scams. Tips offered on how to protect personal your information, avoid becoming a tax scam victim and more.
- Record-keeping. Learn which financial and tax files to keep and how long to keep them.
- Changed Your Name After Marriage or Divorce? Find out what you need to do if you have changed your name before you file your tax return.
- Choosing a Tax Preparer. Useful tips on choosing a reputable tax preparer.
The above information was provided in a press release from the Internal Revenue Service. For more help on preparing your taxes and organizing your files contact professional organizing firm In Order to Succeed at email@example.com, on Facebook and on Twitter.